Sunday, April 26, 2009

Weekend of Races

A very wet and miserable weekend for pretty much anything.....including anything on our beloved 2 wheels? Before I go into this weekend.....I have to mention that Erin Sikora did make the drive down to Madison last weekend for the Crits....I believe their was a top ten brought home by Erin.....nice job!

So then a rainy Saturday rolls around and Quentin hops in the Whitewater road race with Nate Phelps of the Hudson Flyers and rides a strong race ending around 20th if I remember correctly! Great ride Quentin, a solo Flyer in the race.

Sunday morning and after checking the radar and the local weather forecast.....Steele and I decide that it is raining too much and the storms are going to roll in to the Sheboygan area, back to bed? 5 minutes later I get a text....come on....let's go....so we get wet! Be there in 15 minutes and we are off to race in the rain?


Post race pic shows smiles and we were both glad we won the mental battle and made it to the race! Marc rode well and ended up 4th in the small Cat. 5 field.....I flatted early to end my rainy day....went back the car and changed tubes....back on the course to finish the last lap plus a couple more....pride?

Also Saturday, Jeff Gantz was down in the Milwaukee area racing the WCA Crits......6th place in his Cat....3 or 4? Very cool!

A wet but good weekend of racing on the road for the Flyers......felt good to get the heart rate up and see how much more work is needed.....quite a bit in my case! Good job to all who braved the weather and threw a leg over the top tube for some miles....training or racing!

Wednesday night at the Camp, 6pm. Please let me know if you plan on making the trail work day this Saturday.....we have to plan the work according to the size of the crew, than ks and see you there.

No comments: