Sunday, April 19, 2009

3 in the breakaway?

Saturday morning road ride was on tap, Borst and I rolled up to lot to find more non-Flyers than Flyers on a day that was sure to see a record turnout? We rolled out of town and the group stayed together.....until the Hills of Europa, then things got a little strung out?

Once on top we decided that the longer group should just go.....and go we did! Out to Seymour and then over towards Freedom....then onto Oneida and back into the West of Green Bay. A pretty good pace as I myself rolled back in town with 45 miles at a 19.1 mph average! A great training ride that sometimes had me wondering if I was going to hang on.....?

The 3 in the break was that myself, Larson, and Wenzlick were the only 3 Flyers in the long group.....felt like we were in a breakaway in a 1 day classic in Europe. A good hard ride that can only help us.....cause it did not kill us....seriously a great ride.

I hope the others in the shorter group got a good workout in, I want to make sure everyone knows that the Saturday morning ride will always have the two options and I encourage everyone to show up! It is a great training ride and will indeed help you when the WORS season gets here....do not be afraid that you will be left on the road somewhere....not going to happen and the more you come the better you will get!

Please keep the day of May 2nd open....trail work at the camp! I hope with a roster of almost 60 that we can have a good showing and get a lot done in a short time...and then ride of course :)

No comments: